Re: 19981110: netcdf for irix 4.0

>> To: address@hidden
>> From: elbio palma <address@hidden>
>> Subject: netcdf for irix 4.0

Hi,

>       I'm trying to get the netcdf binary files for the
> IRIX 4.0 operating system. I have search in the /pub/binary/irix_4-mips
> and the directory is empty. Is there any possibility to find
> the irix 4.0 binary package?.

We don't have any IRIX 4.0 systems to regenerate the binaries; we only
have IRIX 5.3 and IRIX 6.2 and IRIX 6.5 systems.

I checked to see if we had any backups of the contents of the directory,
which were apparently deleted in January 1995, but it appears we can't
recover the files that were in that directory.  So, I'm sorry but we
can't find the IRIX 4.0 binaries.  I think you might be able to build
netCDF from source, though, because we've made many portability
improvements since 1995.  Just download the current source from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

uncompress and un-tar it, and follow the instructions in the INSTALL
file.  If you encounter any problems, you can contact
address@hidden with a problem description.  See the end of the
INSTALL file for what is needed.

--Russ