Re: 19981026: netCDF on T3D/E

Al,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions ... I'll get back to you when I finish trying
> them. But I did read the notes in the INSTALL file, and I thought I was
> setting the MPP_NPES variable to 1. But I'm not very familiar with the
> Korn/Bourne shell, and perhaps I am not really setting these environment
> variables. I did:
>

> #! /bin/sh
>
> # T3D
> CC=cc
> CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
> CFLAGS=-O
> FC=cf77
> FFLAGS="-g -dp"
> CXX=""              # problems compiling cplusplus, use CXXFLAGS="-h
> char"?
>
> PATH=/mpp/bin:$PATH
> echo $PATH
> MPP_NPES=1

If the above is what you did, then almost *no* environment variables
were set (only shell variables).  In a standard shell, you need to do
something like the following:

    CC=cc CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG CFLAGS=-O FC=cf77 FFLAGS="-g -dp" CXX= MPP_NPES=1
./configure >configure.log 2>&1

or

    export CC=cc
    export CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG
    export CFLAGS=-O
    export FC=cf77
    export FFLAGS="-g -dp"
    export CXX=
    export MPP_NPES=1
    ./configure >configure.log 2>&1

In a csh-like shell, you need to use the "setenv" command.

--------