Re: netCDF error returns

> Subject: Re: netCDF error returns
> Hi Glenn,
>
> I'm relieving John of his middleman duties on this.  Hope you don't mind.

In the future, just start with 'address@hidden'.
That way your question, the answer, and follow-ons get tracked properly.
You will still get the same friendly personalized service.

> The point is that I am using the netCDF-3 interface and getting the
> netCDF-2 error behavior.  I've triple checked to make sure that I'm
> using nc_open and not the old ncopen and this is true.  Is there anything
> else that could be causing this behavior?  As far as I know I'm not using
> any part of the netCDF-2 interface.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Well, since the message says 'Abort', you may be hitting an
assert() failure. This shouldn't happen, since the default
compilation is to define NDEBUG and turn off the assertions.

At any rate you can use dbx to find out what is going on.
% dbx yourprogram yourcorefile
(dbx) where

-glenn