Re: Cray J90 problem

Juergen,

> some addtitional informations:
>
> the reported problem is, when I use the 'netcdf.inc' include file.
>
> If I use a module which declares interfaces for the functions
> (and not an include file), like
>
> interface
>      INTEGER FUNCTION  NF_PUT_VAR1_DOUBLE(NCID, VARID, INDEX, DVAL)
>         integer,                       intent ( in) :: NCID
>         integer,                       intent ( in) :: VARID
>         integer,         dimension(:), intent ( in) :: INDEX
>         doubleprecision,               intent ( in) :: DVAL
>       end function NF_PUT_VAR1_DOUBLE
> end interface
>
> NOTHING works!!!
>
> Neither the netcdf2.4 ,nor the netcdf3.4 routines give an output.
> Neither with REAL, nor with doubleprecision!
> They return an error code -40.
>
> WHY???

That error means "invalid coordinates" and would be expected if "INDEX"
did not refer to a valid part of the netCDF variable.

> How can an interface produce such an error?
>

> (On an IBM RS/6000 C20 I have no problems with any of these problems)

Maybe the above declaration should use "dimension(*)" instead of
"dimension(:)"?  I'm not sure whether that would make any difference for
this problem, especially since it works fine on the RS/6000.

This may be a symptom error in the J90 Fortran 90 compiler.  Maybe you
can create a small test case that is independent of netCDF that
demonstrates the problem.  Sorry I can't be of more help ...

--Russ