Re: Unidata Support: 19980803: 2 Questions to netCDF 3.4

Juergen,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I have 2 Questions to netCDF 3.4.
>
> 1.  I want to use the fortran netcdf2.4 subroutine NCVPT1 in the netCDF3.4
> library on a CRAY J90 platform. But if I declare the variable as NCDOUBLE,
> there is no data written in the netCDF output file. ( if I declare the
> variable
> as NCFLOAT, there are no problems!)
> Here is my test program:
>
> program nc_w
>
>   use netcdf
>   implicit none
>
>   integer:: ncid,rcode,varid,TimeDimID,vaid
>
>   real(KIND(0D0)) :: d
>
>   ncid = nccre('test.nc',ncclob,rcode)
>
>   TimeDimID  = NCDDEF(NCID,'time',1,RCODE)
>
>   VAID = NCVDEF(NCID,'time',NCDOUBLE,1,TimeDimID,RCODE)
>   d=-8.9E7
>
>   call ncendf(ncid,rcode)
>

>   CALL NCVPT1(NCID,VAID,1,d,RCODE)
>
>   !  rcode= nf_put_var1_double(ncid,vaid,1,d)
>      ! with this 3.4 routine, it works!!
>
>   call ncclos(ncid,rcode)
>
> end program nc_w
>
> I get following ncdump output:
>
> netcdf test {
> dimensions:
>         time = 1 ;
> variables:
>         double time(time) ;
> data:
>
>  time = _ ;
> }

Interesting.  Apparently the C macro NF_DOUBLEPRECISION_IS_C_... in
the file fortran/nfconfig.inc didn't get properly set by the configure
script when the netCDF package was built.

In order to help me determine why, would you please do the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory of the netCDF package.

    2.  Send me the output from executing the "configure" script.

    3.  Send me the output from the following command:

            grep NF_DOUBLEPRECISION_IS_C_ fortran/nfconfig.in

    4.  Send me the output from the following command:

            grep NF_DOUBLEPRECISION_IS_C_ config.status

    5.  Please tell me the C data type on your Cray J90 that corresponds
        to the Fortran DOUBLEPRECISION data type.

--------