Re: getting NetCDF to work in a 64 bit enviroment

Channa,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Ok heres the problem...currently I have netCDF working great on my
> computer. We are using irix6.4 on a SGI octane. THe question that I wish
> to ask is this...How can I get netCDF to change the internal code so that
> longs will be converted to ints. Beacause in the new version of netCDF we
> specified the enviroment and if we want to run 32 bit programs we run
> into a problem because longs are no longer 4 bytes but 8. I know i would
> have to change the code maually but theres got to be around it. If there
> is any input please respond
>
> channa

I'm not sure what you're asking: It's not clear to me what you mean when
you ask "How can I get netCDF to change the internal code so that longs
will be converted to ints."  Are you asking how to exchange data between
4-byte, external, integral values and 8-byte, internal, integral values?
Or, are you asking how to build a netCDF library on your system in which,
for example, nc_put_var_long() assumes that the value is 8-bytes.

--------