Re: 980707: udunits-1.11.6 installation on T3E problem

Harsh,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Yes, you are right. ld(1) utility doesn't support  CRAY-T3E. Instead
> Cray-T3E supports 'cld'. I set the
> environment variable 'LD' to 'cld' but it doesn't help.
> Can you please suggest which files I need to modify
> to override the default 'ld' command in makefiles.

Unfortunately, when the configuration system was created, it was
inconceivable that ld(1) wouldn't work -- so there's no overriding
environment variable that you can set.  Instead of modifying the
makefile, I suggest the following:

    1.  Create the symbolic link $HOME/bin/ld to the absolute pathname
        for "cld".

    2.  Add $HOME/bin to the top of your PATH environment variable.

    3.  Execute the command "make".  Remember to redirect standard
        output and standard error to the file "make.log".

    4.  Continue with "make test" and "make install".

    5.  Remove the symbolic link (or not) and redefine PATH.

Please let me know if this helps.

--------