Re: Linux & netcdf-3.4

Richard,

> I have just installed netcdf-3.4 on my PowerPC running Linux
> (pmac version 2.1.24), using egcs (instead of gcc-2.7.2).
>
> environment settings:
>    CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran
>    CC=gcc
>    CFLAGS="-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -pipe"
>    FC=g77
>    FFLAGS=-O2
>    CXX=g++
>    CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
>
> The compilations failed, while compiling ncgen/genlib.c due to an unused
> definition at line 1204:
>
> #define fpr    (void) fprintf
>
> removing this line, and everything compiled just fine (C, Fortran and C++)

Thanks, I've finally added this to the "Other Builds of the netCDF
Package" that we reference from our FAQ:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html

I've also removed the extraneous "#define fpr" that was left in from
some debugging session for the next minor release.

Also, thanks for the report on the RPM upload.  I haven't quite figured
out where to put the information yet, but I haven't forgotten it.

--Russ