Re: 980219: netcdf-3.3: parameters not in identifier list

Jim,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I'm a little confused,  not sure where you wanted
> me to make the  CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/c89 change.
>
> Also I do not have a c89 in the above directory.  (Are my
> compilers old or something?)

Well... your operating system is a little old (we have SunOS 5.6 and no
longer have access to a SunOS 5.5 system).  I'm surprised, however, that
you don't have a c89(1) compiler -- even if it's only a symbolic link to
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc.

Try the following:

    1.  Execute steps 1 through 3 of my previous message.

    2.  Set the environment variable CC to the string
        "/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -Xc".  This should turn your C compiler
        into a conforming Standard C compiler.  For example:

            If using a csh-like shell:

                setenv CC "/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -Xc"

            If using an sh-like shell:

                CC="/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -Xc" export CC

    3.  Execute steps 5 through 9 of my previous message.

If this doesn't work, then retry all the above with CC set to
"/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -Xa".

Please let me know how it goes.

--------