Re: microsoft fortran compiler

> Hi Davis:
>
>  I have tried to use your fortran interface (compiling with Microsoft
>  Fortran Powerstation). Everything is fine in the Debug version. However
>  in the Release version it gives me "Memory -page error" in routine
>  ncddef.  I have linked with 4 verisions of netcdf.dll ( Debug and
>  Release Versions produced by Vc++4.0 and Vc++5.0). All have the
>  same problem. Same problem occuar on both win95 and winNT.
>
>  Could you give me a hint on what went wrong?
>
>  Thanks for your help
>
> Max Xu

Max:

We don't have the Microsoft Fortran Powerstation, so we probably won't
be able to duplicate the problem. I imagine that there is some
overoptimization going on which does not work across the FORTRAN to
C transition.

The FORTRAN jackets are very 'thin'; there is not much computation
going on in the modules in the fortran subdirectory.
So, there is not much benefit from optimizing them.
ou could try building the "release" (optimized) version in libsrc directory
and the debug version in the fortran directory. This will probably work around
your problem without noticable performance degradation.

-glenn