Re: 980112: netcdf help

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: netcdf help

Hi Fan,

Apologies it took so long to answer this; we were away from our email at
a meeting all week.

>  1.  After I released netcdf.tar.Z , do I need to run install ?

No, you need to read the INSTALL document and follow the instructions
for your system.  For many platforms, this just involves setting a few
environment variables to say what compilers to use and where you want
the library installed, then invoking "configure", than running "make all
test install".

>  2.  If I want someone in other place who using such as DODS
>      to look at my data, do I need to rewrite my data to netcdf dataset
>      format?

No, DODS also supports JGOFS and several other data formats.  See the
DODS documentation for specifics.