Re: 971222: netcdf 3.3.1 on UNICOS 8.0.3.1

Dear Lonbardi,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Dear people.cdf
>
> I'm installing netcdf 3.3.1 on UNICOS 8.0.3.1 and I have troubles.
>
> > cc-526 c89: ERROR ncio.c, Line = 6, File = ./ffio.c, Line = 43
> >   The identifier "sb" is declared to have an incomplete type.
> > cc-421 c89: ERROR ncio.c, Line = 6, File = ./ffio.c, Line = 47
> >   The member name "st_oblksize" is not a member of the "struct" or "union".
> >

> I found messages related to this error in your NETCDF SUPPORT
> mail archive
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpsedocs/ghnetcdf.html
> but I did'nt find the solution of the problem.
> Probably I missed the answer, so I have to bother you with an
> already solved problem!

The previous problem was due to the user not establishing a complete
development environment before attempting to build the netCDF package.
Such an environment includes the proper include-files as well as the
proper compilers and linkers.  You might have to have your shell execute
the equivalent of the following csh(1)-lines:

    if ( -f /opt/modules/modules/init/csh ) then
        source /opt/modules/modules/init/csh
        module load modules PrgEnv
    endif

This should enable the C compiler to find the file <ffio.h>, which
should define "st_oblksize".

If the above doesn't execute properly, then please consult your systems
administrator for how to properly configure your development
environment.

All the above assumes that the problem is that the C compiler isn't
finding the right <ffio.h>.  Please inform me if this assumption
 is incorrect.

> As you suggested to address@hidden I  looked for
> st_oblksize in ffio.h (CRAY supplied) and it is not there.
> I'm a fortran programmer and I do'nt know how to manage C code,
> so will you help me in solving the problem?
>

> Thank you very much,
> and Merry Christmas to all of you people.cdf

Thanks.  You too!

--------