Re: netcdf using MSFPS

> Subject: netcdf using MSFPS
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm a student at the University of Michigan, where we have
> built and use netCDF on our DEC Alphas running OpenVMS. I'd
> like to read my data files at home on my pc using MS Fortran
> Powerstation. I know MS has dropped the product but it still
> works well enough for me. I'd like to use the Fortran library of
> netCDF functions - but I dont have the C++ compiler to build
> netCDF from scratch. Is there a way to get the C object files
> to link in with the Fortran wrappers so I can use the netCDF
> routines. I noticed that you have done this with DVF5.0.
>
> My question is then, if I download the netcdf3.3Win32DLL from
> pub/netcdf/contrib/win32 and netcdf-3.3a_fortran will I be able
> to build a Fortran callable library?
>
> Thanks for any advice,
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan Marsh

If you grab
netcdf3.3Win32DLL.zip
from the contrib directory, that includes
the fortran interface (built with DVF5.0).

You don't want to get netcdf-3.3a_fortran.
It was stepping stone which we should probably
delete.

I don't know if this will work with the older compiler.
I would hope that it would..

-glenn