Re: Java

> From: "Jason R. Waring" <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Java

Hi Jason,

> Many moons ago, I was contacted you about implementing a Java
> interface to netCDF. Nothing specific came from our discussions,
> but my need for a Java netCDF interface is now greater than ever.
>
> I see from the web pages, that a specification for a Java interface
> has been put forward. Has this been developed to any meaningful
> extent ?  Can we been involved in beta testing or even the writing
> of the code ?
>
> I look forward to your reply.
>
> Jason.
>
> --
> Jason R. Waring                E-mail: address@hidden
>                                  http://www.marine.csiro.au/~waring
> CSIRO Division of Marine Research        Telephone: (03) 62 325 459
> GPO Box 1538, Hobart                           Fax: (03) 62 325 000

early versions of the ucar.netcdf package.  (There are currently 15
people on that list.)

Glenn Davis has just finished another major revision of the package, and
we are currently doing internal testing.  It's not ready for external
users yet.  However, preliminary reference documentation is available
from

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/java/

If you look at this, you'll see there is no package overview available
yet.  I'm also hoping we can provide such an overview, with examples,
soon.

I'm sorry this is taking so long.

--Russ

        T.T.T.