Re: cdcncdump

> From: address@hidden (Don Hooper)
> Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:31:05 -0700
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: cdcncdump

Hoop,

> I notice that cdcncdump has been removed from the user contributed netCDF
> software web page.  Why is this?  I've received no word from Unidata on
> this point.  Has ncdump had an option added that will do the same thing?

No, sorry, I just got an email last week from a user complaining that
the package couldn't be found.  (I've appended my reply to the message).
I assumed that someone else had deleted the package and not updated the
document, so I mistakenly "fixed" the problem by deleting the entry from
the document.  I should have left the entry there and investigated
further.  I've restored the entry on the web page.  I'll restore the
entry in the README file as well, and inform Joe Van Andel that the
referenced package still exists at your FTP site.

Thanks for pointing out the problem, and my apologies for not checking
with you before deleting the entry.

--Russ