Russ Rew: Re: 970923: Java/NetCDF Info.

Oops, forgot to CC: support-netcdf ...

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:59:07 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      Rob Markel <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 970923: Java/NetCDF Info.

>From: Rob Markel <address@hidden>
>Subject: Java/NetCDF Info.

Hi Rob,

> Hello, Unidata. My name is Rob Markel, and I am a Graduate Student
> working at NCAR in HAO. I am doing a thesis project developing a
> web/database interface using netCDF and Java (hopefully). I would like
> to know if there is a manual for the Java package (other than the
> Reference Guide online; something more "how to"), and if there is, or
> will be, an "ncgen -j" command to generate Java code. Any suggestions or
> assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Documentation for our current netCDF Java interface is available from

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/java/

We haven't made the code available yet, because it is still under
development and the interface may still undergo significant changes, but
we'd appreciate feedback on what is documented, which reflects the
current interface.

I have added your email address to our local alias for people who are
interested in Java netCDF, so you will get announcements when a test
version is available.

- --Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message