Re: 970922: Problems finding interface descriptions on NetCDF-3 docs....

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: address@hidden (Ethan Alpert)
> >Subject: Problems finding interface descriptions on NetCDF-3 docs....

Ethan,

> I've looked everywhere on the HTML version of the netCDF users guide
> located at:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/guidec/
>
> I can't find descriptions of the individual procedure calls. Appendix C
> tells me the C prototype but there is no discussion of the parameters.
> Where are thsee located?

It turns out there is a link to the Contents and Index, but they are at
the top of the page

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/guidec/

and not in the list of headings that appears on the page.  Since you
didn't see them there, and I missed them too the first time I looked,
this is evidently not a very good place to have the only links to the
Contents and Index.  We'll look into fixing this, but since the HTML is
generated by a program (WebMaker) from a different FrameMaker document,
it may not be as straightforward as it should be.

Thanks again for reporting the problem.

--Russ