Re: 970825: "Where Is NetCDF Used?" -- Proposed Addition

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden (Chuck Denham)
>Subject: "Where Is NetCDF Used?" -- Proposed Addition

Hi Chuck,

>         In "http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/usage.html";, please
> add a comment and/or http link to your note about USGS, as follows:
>         The "NetCDF Toolbox for Matlab-5" is available from
> <http:crusty.er.usgs.gov/~cdenham/MexCDF/nc4ml5.html>.
>         Also, we are now known as the "Woods Hole Field Center of the
> U.S.G.S. Marine and Coastal Geology Program".

I've made the changes you suggest to the "Usage" document.

However, I think a better place for information about the availability
of your "NetCDF Toolbox for Matlab-5" would be in our web page listing
"Software for Manipulating or Displaying NetCDF Data" at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

This already includes descriptions of MEXCDF and MexEPS.  It also has a
links to fanmat as well, under a "MATLAB" entry in the section on
commercial or licensed packages.

I'd be willing to throw together a draft entry describing the NetCDF
Toolbox from the description on your web site and let you make
corrections to that, so that the NetCDF Toolbox would have as prominent
an entry as MEXCDF and MexEPS.  One thing I'd have trouble doing is
distinguishing among these packages, for readers who need to choose
among them.  If you have any information on that, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

--Russ