Re: IVE is finally ready for prime time

Hi Harry,

> We finally have IVE ready to distribute to others.  There is a info page at
>
> http://www.atmos.washington.edu/ive
>
> You can include it with your list of NetCDF software.

Congratulations and thank you!

I've created a draft entry for IVE in the netCDF software web page at

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/netcdf/software.html#IVE

including a little more material than what you sent, since I think that
the plotting capabilities might be of interest to people looking for
netCDF visualization software.  Please let me know if you have any
changes or would rather I just include your original blurb.

I've also written an entry in the "What's New with NetCDF" page at

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/netcdf/whatsnew.html

where I mention you by name.  Again, please let me know if you want this
changed in any way.  In particular, do you want to be listed as the IVE
developer?  The IVE entry on the software page has no names at all,
whereas many of the other descriptions have multiple developers and
organizations listed.

Finally, I think the release of IVE is significant enough to justify an
announcement to the netcdfgroup mailing list.  You could send this out,
or I would be happy to use the "What's New" entry as an announcement
that I would send to the group.  Again, please let me know how you want
to handle this.

--Russ