Re: 970730: problem tu use a netCDF file with GMT

>To: address@hidden
>From: pascal dhaussy <address@hidden>
>Subject: problem tu use a netCDF file with GMT

Hi Pascal,

>  I want to use netcdf to treat gravimetric data with GMT. GMT is Generic
> Mapping Tools created by University of Hawai at Manoa which can use
> netCDF file. But i have a trouble. Indeed, i can't open the netcdf file
> created: when i want to read information inside my file with the GMT
> instruction GRDINFO, the computer tells me that there is an opening
> error. I don't know where is the problem because my header record is the
> same as an other GMT file. This last file can be readen by GRDINFO and
> by netcdf instructions.  So, i don't understand why i can't open my
> netcdf file. i will be very happy if you have a solution.  Thank-you.
>  bye. address@hidden

This sounds more like a GMT error than a netCDF error.  If you have
netCDF installed on your system, then you have the "ncdump" utility
program, that shows the structure and contents of netCDF files.  When
you invoke "ncdump" on the netCDF file you are trying to read, does it
work?  If it's not a netCDF file, ncdump will tell you, but if ncdump
works to display the file, then the problem is with GMT.  I'm sorry we
can't help with GMT or GRDINFO, but we don't know much about them.  If
you can isolate the problem as a netCDF problem, then we can help with
it.

--Russ