Re: 970709: netCDF examples

>To: address@hidden
>From: Werner Wintels <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF examples

Hi Werner,

> I'm trying to break down a very large netCDF file into smaller, more
> manageable netCDF files.
>
> Could you point me to some possible sources (perhaps an online manual) of
> simple, running  C
> code that  uses netCDF functions to do this and similar basic tasks.

The on-line NetCDF-3 User's Guide for C is at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/netcdf/guidec/

It contains small example fragments for each C function in the netCDF
interface.

Some packages are available in source form, including FAN, that may also
be of some help.  These are described, with links to the sources, at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/netcdf/software.html

--Russ