970627: netCDF question on getting variable dimensions

Pavel,

In the above message, you wrote:

> Sorry but I dont use any library. I acsess data direct from netCDf file
> and in file I see only one dimID specified in BNF form available from
> Unidata web site. How can i read it directly from file?

Sorry, I forgot that you're trying to read a netCDF file from Java.

Assuming that the BNF Web page you're referring to is

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/guidec/guidec-18.html#MARKER-9-
3236

then the relevant BNF entry is the following:

    var     := name  nelems  [dimid ...]  vatt_array  nc_type  vsize  begin

The notation "nelems [dimid ...]" means that "nelems" is a 32-bit
integer that specifies the number of dimension IDs in the subsequent
dimension ID vector "[dimid ...]".  The first dimension ID in "[dimid
...]" corresponds to the outer dimension of the variable.

If you're trying to read a netCDF file from Java, are you aware of the
following read-only Java interface?

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#Java interface

--------