Re: 970616: netCDF on Cray

>From: address@hidden

> Hi, Russ:
>
>     I have ftp-ed the netcdf3.3.1 file.  When I complile the libsrc/putget.c,
> there is an error as following:
>       /opt/ctl/bin/cc -c -O2 -DNDEBUG putget.c
> cc-301 cc: ERROR File = putget.c, Line = 159
>   "#error":  NC_fill_int implementation
> Make: "/opt/ctl/bin/cc -c -O2 -DNDEBUG putget.c": Error code 1
>     Could you tell me what is the problem?
>     (configure is finished before the compiling)
>     Thanks.
>
> Danan Dong

Before compiling, did you do the following, as instructed in the INSTALL
file?

    Before executing make(1), manually copy the file "libsrc/ncx_cray.c"
    to file "libsrc/ncx.c".  See the commentary at the top of this file
    for more information.

If not,

    2.  Go to the top-level source directory the directory containing
        the INSTALL file).

    3.  Remove the file "config.cache" if it exists.

    4.  Re-execute the configure script.  Redirect its standard output
        and standard error to a file.  If this step fails, then stop
        here.

    5.  Execute the command "make clean".

    6.  Execute the command "make".  Redirect its standard output and
        standard error to a file.  If this step fails, then stop here.

    7.  Execute the command "make test".  Redirect its standard output
        and standard error to a file.

If you still can't build this package, then please send a description of
the problem together with the following to <address@hidden>:

    1.  The standard output of the command "uname -a".

    2.  The contents of the file VERSION, which is in the top-level
        source directory.

    3.  The standard output and error output of the configure script
        (step 4 above).

    4.  The absolute pathnames of all compilers (C, FORTRAN, C++) used
        in the build process (use the type(1) or which(1) utility to
        determine this).

    5.  The contents of the file "config.log", which is in the top-level
        source directory.

    6.  The standard output and error output of the command "make" (step
        6 above).

    7.  The standard output and error output of the command "make test"
        (step 7 above).

Thanks for reporting the problem.

--Russ