970611: building using NAG f90

Steve,

In the above message, you wrote:

>       Not sure about that integer variable ID ("ipcp")
> being corrupted in that loop, because it displays an invalid value right after
> the initial call of NCVDEF, and before the loop. Thinking that this may be
> related to the NCSHORT problem, I changed the program to store data as
> NCFLOAT, but this did not help - ipcp still returned as -1, same error
> messages.

Your program is a bit much for me to debug -- especially since we're
currently working hard on the next release of the netCDF-3 package.  So
I'm not sure when I'll be able to work with it.  Can you reduce it to
the minimum amount of code necessary to illustrate the problem?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>