Re: 970512: Installing netCDF package

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden (Miriam Brace)
>Subject: Installing netCDF package

Hi Miriam,

> When I type configure it looks ok but when I check the log file there
> are errors in it. I am just using the defaults ie I what the stuff in
> /usr/local....
>
> What am I doing Wrong ??

You may be doing nothing wrong.  Even when the configure script
succeeds, the config.log file has error messages in it, because it's the
error output from the configure script investigating the features of
your system.  The INSTALL instructions say to only look at config.log if
something goes wrong with configure, which apparently did not happen in
your case.

I'd recommend that you assume that configure worked and proceed with the
next step of the installation described in the INSTALL file, step 2), by
typing

   make all

from the netcdf/src/ directory, or you can invoke "make all" in one of
the fancier ways described in the INSTALL document that capture the
output in a file but let you watch it at the same time.