970227: Porting UDunits to PC

Arlindo,

In the above message, you wrote:

> > What macro?
> >

> In udunits.h:
>
> #ifndef       PROTO
> #   if defined(__STDC__) || defined(__GNUC__) \
>       || defined(__cplusplus) || defined(c_plusplus) || defined(MSDOS)
> #     define  PROTO(a)        a
> #   else
> #     define  PROTO(a)        ()
> #   endif
> #endif
>
> (I just added the "defined(MSDOS)").

So, the MS/DOS compiler supports prototypes but doesn't define
`__STDC__'?  Yuck!

> > > and it
> > > worked right away!  After that, just small adjustments in greg->julian
> > > functions (which assume 32-bit int).

This'll be fixed in the next release.

> > So the problem was with the compiler?
>
> I guess so, I always thought that having complete prototypes was a good
> discipline but not required. The MS compiler seems to depend on it, although
> it would not even give a warning message...
>
> Should I place a zip file in this directory along with a short note to the
> netcdfgroup?

You can't upload to the contrib/ directory (security, you know).  If
you'll make a zip file available for me to grab, howerver, then I'll
stick it there.

Your posting a short note to the netCDF group would be quite appropriate.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>