970226: netcdf-3.3a "make test" error

Hi John,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I'm guessing that you're still digging out from under after being away
> for a while, but thought I'd see if you had a chance to check out that
> error I got running the netcdf-3.3a "make test" on our T90.  Holler if
> you need anything.

Yipes!  I'm out from underneath the mound of email and I can't find
yours!

Would you please send me a recap of the problem.  Please include the
following:

    Standard output of `uname -a`
    Standard output of the `configure' script.
    Standard output of a `make'.

> Also, have you folks had any experience porting netCDF to a Cray T3E or
> T3D?

A little.

> Our T3E is due next month and I'd like to be able to run
> netCDF-dependent codes on it.  One of our local Cray guys here has
> agreed to try building and testing 2.4.2 on the T3E to which he has
> access - I'll let you know how that turns out.

Please do.

> Or do you think he should skip right to 3.3a?

If you don't need FORTRAN support, I'd go right to 3.3a.  If you do need
FORTRAN support, then I'd stick with 2.4.3 just a little longer.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>