Re: 970203: FW: Mac support

>To: address@hidden ('address@hidden')
>From: address@hidden (Jean-Louis Excoffier)
>Subject: FW: Mac support

Hi Jean-Louis,

> My company has recently acquired a Mac-based chromatographic data system.
>
> There is some discussion of supporting the AIA Chromatography standard
> (based on netCDF) on this Mac platform.
>
> Is there a Mac version of netCDF?

We don't have any Mac programmers here or a Mac development environment,
but Chuck Denham (USGS) has ported and made available a version of the
netCDF libraries for Macs.

You can fetch cdflib.o and xdrlib.o for PowerMac via anonymous FTP from
the directory ftp://crusty.er.usgs.gov/incoming/netcdf-mac/. The format
is MacBinary II.

If you are a Matlab user, try using the mexcdf function developed at
USGS, which you can pick up by following the mexcdf link from Chuck's
homepage at http://priapus.er.usgs.gov. You may be able to get libraries
for PowerMac and Mac68K there as well.

I'm currently working on a 100% pure Java interface for netCDF, which
will run on Macs, but I'm not sure when it will be ready for release.

--Russ