Re: 970130: no subject

>From: address@hidden

Hi Mahally,

> During compilation of PPLUS, I get several error message.I think it
> originated from c
> vardata.c in the subdirecory ncdump. The messages are
>
> cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
> -DNO_STRERROR vardata.c
> "vardata.c", line 44: FLT_EPSILON undefined
> "vardata.c", line 75: DBL_EPSILON undefined
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `vardata.o'
> Current working directory /disk1/usr/mahally/epic/pplus-dist/netcdf/ncdump
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `installed_program'
>

> I sent a similar mail yesterday, but I worry that e-mail links from
> US-Indonesia (SMTP)
> is in trouble. So, please reply to the above address (address@hidden) or
> mahally%nimbus.
> address@hidden

I sent a reply yesterday, and I'm appending a copy of that reply to this
message.  I hope it helps.

--Russ

 To: Mahally Kudsy <address@hidden>
 Cc: support-netcdf
 Subject: Re: 970127: Fail to compile nctest
 Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 22:57:27 -0700
 From: Russ Rew <address@hidden>

 >To: address@hidden
 >From: Mahally Kudsy <address@hidden>
 >Subject: Fail to compile nctest

 Hi Mahally,

 > I try to compile netcdf, but not successful yet.
 > My workstation is Sparc5. The message out was:
 >
 > cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
 > -DNO_STRERROR varget.c
 > cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
 > -DNO_STRERROR vargetg.c
 > cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
 > -DNO_STRERROR varput.c
 > cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
 > -DNO_STRERROR varputg.c
 > cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
 > -DNO_STRERROR vardef.c
 > "vardef.c", line 30: FLT_EPSILON undefined
 > "vardef.c", line 61: DBL_EPSILON undefined

 It appears as if you are using the old /usr/ucb/cc C compiler, which
 does not compile ANSI C.  You can use "which cc" to see where your C
 compiler is being executed from.

 If you can use an ANSI C compiler by changing your PATH environment
 variable or CC environment variable to point to the Sun C compiler or
 another ANSI C compiler, the compilation should work after a "make
 clean".  For example, the Sun compiler we use is installed in
 /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc, and the GNU C compiler which would also work is
 installed in /usr/local/gnu/bin/gcc on our systems.

 Otherwise, you may be able to workaround this problem using the old
 /usr/ucb/cc compiler by including the following definitions before line
 30 of nctest/vardef.c

 #define        FLT_EPSILON     1.192092896E-07F
 #define        DBL_EPSILON     2.2204460492503131E-16

 Then "make clean" and "make all" to see if that gets you further.