970127: Problem assigning fill values for NCSHORT varaibles

Benjamin,

In the above message you wrote:

> I'm using version  2.4.3.  -- Leon

Hmm...  One of the things a `make test' does in the fortran/
subdirectory of the netCDF 2.4.3 package is to test assignments of fill
values.  Since you're using the netCDF 2.4.3 package, I assume that the
installer performed the test of the package and that it went OK.  I
suspect that the problem lies in your code (e.g. the `netcdf.inc' header
file isn't being included).

Can you send me the smallest program possible that illustrates the
problem?

By the way, the `From:' header record in your message was
`benjamin@glads'.  I had to manually change it to
`address@hidden'.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>