Re: 970116: NetCDF for Win95

>To: address@hidden
>From: Robert Abbott <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF for Win95

Hi Rob,

> I am interested in using NetCDF from my Win95 PC.  Specifically I want to
> use the C interface with MS Visual C++.  I have already downloaded two
> files (nc31aWin32DLL.zip and nc31a.zip) and tried to put the unzipped
> files where I think they should go.  The short test program I wrote compiles
> but won't build an exectable file.  If you could give a brief explanation
> of the proper installation procedures as I am not very familiar with
> compiling libraries etc., it would be very much appreciated.

No one around here is very familiar with Win95 development environments
either, but I would guess that you just need to tell the compiler (or
linker) where to find the library.  If you could send us the exact error
message you get, and where you have stored the netCDF library, we would
try to figure it out.

--Russ