Re: 961112: WWW update

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Donald W. Denbo" <address@hidden>
>Subject: changes in PPLUS

Hi Dr. Denbo,

>       Could you update your information about PPLUS to include the following
> changes. The correct link for PPLUS is http://www.halcyon.com/ww2/dwd
> The contact information should also be changed to:
>
> address@hidden
> c/o Donald Denbo
> 2138 N 186th St
> Shoreline, WA 98133
>
> Fax and Voice  (206) 366-0624
>
>         Plot Plus is now available at no charge.  It does require
> licensing on a per computer basis, but again the license is at no cost.
> For more information about licensing and anonymous ftp access:
>
> http://www.halcyon.com/www2/dwd/                      ! info & license
> ftp://ftp.halcyon.com/pub/users/dwd/pplus1_2g.tar.gz  ! source
> ftp://ftp.halcyon.com/pub/users/dwd/ppldoc.tar.gz     ! documentation

OK, I've updated it in our software document at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

Please let me know if anything is amiss.  In particular, I decided to
keep PPLUS in the category "Commercial or Licensed Packages" rather than
moving it into the list of "Freely Available Software", because it still
requires a license.

I also added a note about the new licensing conditions in the "What's New
with netCDF?" page at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

Again, feel free to suggest any changes to this description.

Thanks for making PPLUS available to the netCDF users community!

--Russ