Re: 961105: NetCDF documentation

>To: address@hidden
>From: William C. Mattison <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF and C++

Hi Bill,

> I need documentation on using netCDF thru its C++ interface.  Could
> you please tell me where I can find an FTPable postscript file to ftp
> and print locally?

Yes, but I should warn you that the C++ documentation is currently just
a short (16 pages) supplement to the NetCDF User's Guide (150 pages).
The latter describes the netCDF data model and abstractions as well as
the C and Fortran interfaces, and the C++ interface documentation
assumes this.  Also note that the PostScript file has the table of
contents last, so the pages need to be reordered after printing.

> I am working on the AWIPS project, and I expect to be calling netCDF
> quite a bit from AWIPS C++ software, and need the documentation to
> enable me to do my job.

You can get it from

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/cxxdoc.ps

either by anonymous FTP or using a Web browser.

--Russ