961104: NCDUMP for VMS

Christopher,

In the above message you wrote:

> I was just wondering if there was a version of NCDUMP for VMS at all.
> This could be either for the Alpha or Vax architecture.  I've got a whole
> load of data that I'd like to have in just text format, and I've been
> trying to get the libraries to work with VMS, but to no avail.
> Anyway, thanks for your help.
> Chris

I've built a beta version of the netCDF package on both VAX and Alpha
VMS systems.  I suggest you try it.  It's available at the following URL

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/VMS-beta.tar.Z

This distrubution contains source files, so you'll have to built the
package.  This distribution does not contain the netCDF User's Guide.

Please, *please* let us know you you get on with it.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>