Re: 961002: problem with ncdump (fwd)

>To: address@hidden
>From: Patrick Guio <address@hidden>
>Subject: problem with ncdump (fwd)

Patrick,

Oops, I didn't test that patch I sent you sufficiently.  It should be
portable, but it contains a peculiar statement that is incorrectly
compiled by several Unix systems, and incorrectly optimized by several
others:

    #define IS_FINITE(x) (((x)-(x))==((x)-(x)))

This macro works OK on AIX 4.2, HP-UX 9, SunOS 4.x, SunOS 5.x.
It works OK unless compiled with the -O flag on ULTRIX and IRIX 6.2.
It gets optimized incorrectly by default on IRIX64 and OSF1.

I'll have to keep looking for a portable way to determine whether a
number is an IEEE infinity value.

--Russ