960905: netcdf-3.1a "configure" problems

Annette,

In the above message you wrote:

> Perhaps I messed something up when I first tried the "configure" step
> (it would have helped if I had read the INSTALL more thoroughly before
> I did much).
>
> If I have a few minutes later today I will start over from scratch and
> see if I can reproduce the problem. I suspect that this is my fault,
> not yours.
>
> BTW: The step that I forgot to do (from the install instructions) was
> to define an environment variable for "CC". My guess is that if I had
> done that before I did any of the configure things, it would have been
> OK.

Whether `CC' is defined or not shouldn't affect the problem you described.
The `configure' script should decide on a C compiler that's appropriate
to your platform.

> I will let you know what I find out.

Please do!

> Sorry for any inconvenience...

No problem.  That's why were here (though reading the INSTALL file is a
good thing  ;-).

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>