Re: HP 10 Upgrade

> From: address@hidden (Glen C. Taylor)
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: HP 10 Upgrade

Hi Glen,

>       I just wanted to find out if you had any success with converting your
>         HP operating systems from 9 to 10.  If you have, will the netCDF
>         software run on this new platform?
>
>       As stated in my last email to you, we are in the process of moving
>       our decoders to an HP platform under the operating system version 10.

We will be upgrading to HP-UX 10 in the next couple of weeks.  The
current version of our netCDF software should work on HP-UX 10 with
little or no change.

If you need it now, I'd recommend downloading netCDF 2.4.3 from

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

and trying it.  If you have any problems, just send the relevant output
to address@hidden, and we may be able to determine what if
any changes are needed even before we upgrade.

>       If and when we do this, will I have to download and install the
>       software on this machine or can I just copy the software from the
>       SGI platform I am on and use it's current executables?
>
>       (ie. Is a complete new install needed?)

I doubt if SGI executables would run on your HP, but you can use HP-UX 9
executables and libraries on HP-UX 10 platforms without recompiling or
relinking, according to the upgrade documentation from HP.

-Russ