960822: problem building FORTRAN API under UNICOS: m4(1)

Carl,

In the above message you wrote:

> I would appreciate any help you could give me in fixing my installation of
> version 2.4.3 on a Cray YMP at Los Alamos National Laboratory.  I attempted
> to follow your INSTALL instruction faithfully so that your library
> could be used with fortran codes, however...   Follows
> is a record of a session on this machine starting with de-tarring
> netcdf-2.4.3.tar.  I run into trouble at the following place:
>
> >making `all' in directory /usr/tmp/cmlund/dnetcdf/netcdf-2.4.3/src/fortran
> >
> >       ./fortc -L . -O unicos common.inc > netcdf.inc
> >       ./fortc -L . -O unicos jackets.src > jackets.c
> >
> >m4:-:581 can't open file

The above is a known problem.  It's due to a bug in the UNICOS m4(1)
utility.  Please see the following URL for a workaround:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/known_problems.html#cray-fortran

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>