960806: netCDF build on IRIX 6.2

Joseph,

In the above message you wrote:

> I just tried to install 2.4.2 on my sgi workstation
> running sgi's irix version 6.2.  I think your installation
> needs a little fix for this new version of the sgi os.

Yes.  The latest version of IRIX broke the netCDF installation process.
We've got a version of the package that works, however.  I suggest you
try it.  It's available at the following URL:

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/alpha.tar.Z

It doesn't have a User's Guide, so you'll have to use the one that you
already have.

Please let me know if this helps.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>