Re: netCDF-2.4.1 for Win32

> To: address@hidden
> Subject: netCDF-2.4.1 for Win32
> From: Toshinobu Hondo <address@hidden>

Dr. Toshinobu Hondo:

> Today, I had rebuild a netCDF-2.4.1 library (netcdf.lib and xdr.lib)
> for Windows NT and 95 that should be able to compile with MFC
> (Microsoft Foundation Class) library.  (Present one could not compile
> with MFC application due to it was included the libc.lib call)
>
> The place of the binary lib file is:
>
>   ftp://ftp.jasco.co.jp/pub/NetCDF/netcdf-Win32MD.tar.gz
>
> The file included that makefile for MSVC++4.01 and compiled lib file
> of netcdf.lib and xdr.lib.
>
> Now, I'm tring to build a DLL and C++ support.
> If necessary, please modify FAQ list of your site.

Thanks!

I've modified our FAQ at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html

to reflect your changes, and I also took the liberty to copy your new
README into the directory

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/win32/

I'm curious if the current netCDF-2.4.2 version has a problem that makes it
easier to use netCDF-2.4.1 instead.  If so, we should try to fix it in the
next version.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu