Re: 960523: A Character String Dimension

Hi Danny,

> I have been trying to develop a string assignment for a
> dimension variable I think I can see how one would
> define this using the CDL syntax but would like to be
> able to do it within a FORTRAN program.  I think
> it may not be possible but would be interested to know
> if it is possible.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question well enough to provide an
example or confirm that what you are trying to do can't be done.

I think you can create any netCDF data structure from a Fortran program
that you can express in CDL.

What do you mean by "a string assignment for a dimension variable", and how
do you intend to use it?

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu