960430: #include<netcdf.h>

Keith,

I'm sorry for taking so long to respond.

In the above message you wrote:

>       I've gathered the information, and here it is:
>
>       (1) The results of the command 'uname -a'
>
>         FreeBSD quartz.Egly.fsu.edu 2.1.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE #0:
>       Thu Nov 16 10:47:14  1995
>       address@hidden:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

FreeBSD eh?  This might be a problem -- I don't have access to a FreeBSD
system.

>       (2),(3), and  (4)
>
>       results of the 'sh configure'
>
> configure: warning: build=NONE: invalid host type

I've never seen this line before, but I don't like it.

The rest of the output looks Ok.

> creating port/master.mk
> creating port/Makefile
> creating libsrc/local_nc.h
> libsrc/local_nc.h is unchanged
> ld: : malformed input file (not rel or archive)
> rm: conftest: No such file or directory

I wonder where the last 3 lines came from?  They appear to indicate that
the utility to expand the `include' directives in the Makefiles wasn't
built.  We'll have to discover why.  Would you please do the following:

    1.  Edit the script `config.status': add the command `set -x' just
        after the line that comprises the symbol `UD_EOF_CONFTEST_C' --
        this will be just before the build of the file `conftest.c'.

    2.  Execute the script `config.status'.  Trap all it's output and send
        it to me.

    3.  Execute the `conftest' build command manually (It will have
        been printed out).  See if you can determine why it isn't
        getting built.

>       (5) the config.log file
>
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> configure:2231: conflicting types for `malloc'
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:100: previous declaration of `malloc'

The above looks Ok.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>