Re: Unidata Support: 960421: fan

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: address@hidden (cho eekhyun)
>
> I tried to install fan utility but I can't. Please help me.
> I install netCDF and udunits packages well
> and configure of fan utility finished.
> I use of Sun-OS 4.1 system.
>
> * Error messege -------------------------------------------
> step 2) make all
> cc -c -O -l.. Calloc.c
> "./gp.h", line 24: syntax error at or near type word "char"
>   .
>   .
> "Calloc.c", line 9: ....
>   .
>   .
> Error code 1
> make fatal error: command failed for target 'Calloc.o'
>   .
> make fatal error : command failed for target 'fanlib/all'

The currently released version of fan is 1.1.5
I assume this is version you tried to compile.
I compiled and tested this version without problems under
SunOS Release 4.1.4 on Unidata machine gummo

I need more details to locate the problem.
Please send me a log of output from configure and make.

I hope to release the much improved version 2 within the next week.
I suggest waiting until that is available before you try again.

Harvey Davies,  Scientific Visitor           E-mail: address@hidden
UCAR/Unidata Program Center                  Phone: (303) 497-8661
P.O. Box 3000                                Fax:   (303) 497-8690
Boulder, CO  80307-3000                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/