Re: is the C++ interface documented/stable?

Dan,

> Thanks, Russ, for the quick and detailed response.  Is there any
> chance that an HTML link to the c++ docs could be put in the normal
> docs please, wherever the string "C++" occurs?  That would be ideal.

OK, done.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Note this is now in our on-line
version, but won't be in the distribution until the first next minor
release.

> I guess I'll ask our systems person to download the new version,
> then.  I was worried that it might not yet be time.
>
> >  - better integration with the C++ standard libraries, e.g. use of standard
> >    C++ strings, STL iterators, ...; and
>
> The STL reference is, I think, an important one.  I've started using
> STL for my work, and I bet others are doing the same.  It solves an
> awful lot of problems.  Do you plan on making netcdf columns be
> accessible as, e.g.
>       vector<double> t;
> etc?  That would be terrific since then
> users will know how to deal with them more easily than e.g..
>       double *t;

I'm open to suggestions/help for how to best use STL mechanisms in netCDF,
since I haven't started this yet.  I really admire the STL concepts and
mechanisms though, and am anxious to get some time to start using them.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu