Re: 960213: netcdf ncsync() bug

> Subject: 1996213
> Re: netcdf ncsync() bug
> >From: address@hidden (Gary Granger)

Hi Gary,

> A while ago I reported a problem I was having with ncsync() in 2.3.2.  I've
> attached a reply from Russ which summarizes the problem.  In some recent
> testing with netCDF 2.4-beta the problem still appears, and a quick check
> of the code looks like the only change was the addition of some comments.
> Was this discovered to not be a bug? or not worth fixing?  I was hoping the
> fix would appear in 2.4, but perhaps the email just got lost in the volumes
> which you must receive.  If nothing else, I want to cast a vote for the
> continued consideration of real-time uses of netcdf.

Thanks for sending us a reminder of this bug report.  Back in September 1994
when you first sent it, I had not set up a very good system for keeping
track of the status of bug fixes, and I'm sorry to say this one fell through
the cracks.

Glenn will look at the problem and your proposed fix again later today and
resolve it.  We're very close to creating a 2.4 release, but it looks like
you got this repeat bug report in "under the wire".

--Russ