Re: netCDF 2.4 for the T3D

Hi Steve,

You sent a note to Jeff Kuehn and CC:ed me about your port of netCDF 2.4 to
the T3D:

> I recently got netCDF 2.4 beta version 5 running on a T3D for
> a couple groups at LLNL and LANL.  It is running on top of a parallel
> I/O library and a modified XDR that I mentioned in some Email to Russ Rew
> last October.

Thanks for providing your changes!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but we have decided to
integrate your changes into our netCDF 2.4 release, even though it will
delay the release by a couple of weeks.

Steve Emmerson <address@hidden> will be doing the work and testing
it on NCAR's T3D, so if there are any questions about it, he'll let you
know.

> I only tested my changes on the T3D.  The C++ interface did not compile
> and I did not look into it.  I didn't create a parallel netCDF test suite,
> but the changed code did pass the serial tests and the LLNL and LANL
> researchers don't seem to be having any problems.

We probably won't try to get the C++ interface working for this release
either.  Thanks again for the excellent package of changes and all your
work!

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu