960130: building netCDF applications on SunOS

Mike,

In the above message you wrote:

>       Hi.  I tried to send my data converting fortran program and data set,
> as requested by support, but it appears that the data set was too large to
> send over.  In case you are not familiar with my problem, here is a prior
> letter :
>
> ---------------
> "     Hello.  Let me further explain what I am doing.  I have a data set from
> NCAR which I wish to convert to netcdf format so that VCS ( visualization
> and computations system ) can read it in and display it.  My data converting
> fortran program needs to read the data set in the NCAR format and then
> change it into netcdf format, which means that netcdf subroutines will be
> used.
> This requires, I assume, a netcdf library.  I am using a Sun workstation.
> WHen I run my program, it states that it can't open the file lnetcdf and
> errno=2 ( file processing errors ).  How can I fix this problem?  "
> --------------

Tom Yoksas responded to this on January 25th.  I'll just restate that it
appears that the problem is one of building your application (the
`lnetcdf' looks suspiciously like the `-lnetcdf' reference to the netCDF
library that would be necessary to build a netCDF-using application).

So, is the problem building your application or running it?  If the
problem is building the application, then I'll need to see the output
(i.e. error messages) from the linker/loader (typically ld(1)).  If the
problem is running the application, then I'll need to see the FORTRAN (I
presume) code.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>