960129: Pb with netcdf on Cray T3D

>From: Serge Wuthrich <address@hidden>

Serge,

>I'm trying to install netcdf on Cray T3D. I used the following
>environment variables:
>
>setenv CC /mpp/bin/cc
>setenv CFLAGS -Tcray-t3d
>
>The ./configure script runs successfully. I had to change the
>test xdr/Makefile by adding a -X1 (i.e. to tell that I want only one node
>of the T3D). However, the test failed with the folowing error message:
>
>        ./xdrtest > xdrtest_out.new
>Assertion failed: *fp < floats[ii] + EPSILON && *fp > floats[ii] - EPSILON, fi
> le xdrtest.c, line 344
>
>I suspect that during the compilation of the library, some Unicos variables
>have been used instead of the T3D specific variables (since the T3D is not
>a Unicos but a 64-bit IEEE machine).
>
>Do you have some experience with the port of netcdf on the T3D or do
>you know somebody who did it sucessfully ?

We have had some contact with users interested/pursuing this port.  You
see the transactions that we have had with them through a query function
accessible on our netCDF WWW Homepage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/index.html

In the section entitled Search Mail Archives, you would enter:

cray and t3d

as the search parameters.  When you do this, you will get a list of
all email transactions that we have had that deal with this subject.
The email message that had the "best" match is included below.