960125: netCDF perl..

Susan,

In the above message you wrote:

> If I use the attname function with $i=0, I get the name of the
> first variable of the file (it appears to be passing the value
> of 0 for the varid instead of whatever NetCDF::GLOBAL is).

I just looked over the HISTORY file for NetCDFPerl (URL
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf-perl/HISTORY).  It appears
that this problem was fixed last June and that you have an old version
of NetCDFPerl.

I suggest that you obtain the latest release from URL

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf-perl/

or

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf-perl/netcdf-perl.tar.Z

Please let me know if this helps.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>