2 suggestions (NetCDF)

Hello there

I have another couple of suggestion to make:

When I use ncgen -c, a c-source is created, that, compiled, generates
the binary netcdf-file. I think it would be nice, if this c-program
would give the generated file the name plus extension ".nc", since
this is the standard extension for netcdf.

(
the reason why I'm interested
in this is, that the following happened to me:
starting off with a cdl-file example_1.cdl, I call ncgen -c >example_1.c.
Then, I compile this file and give it the name example_1. When I run
example_1 the generated file destroys the example_1-executable, of course.
But it took me a while to find this out.  :-)
)

The other suggestion is, when I call

ncdump -f plane2x3.nc

I get the error message

*** ../bin/ncdump: invalid value for -b option: plane2x3.nc
                                      ^

which should be

*** ../bin/ncdump: invalid value for -f option: plane2x3.nc
                                      ^

Thanks

Bernhard